Skip to main content

Action plan

Today I created my action plan begging from the 11th of June 2018 to when our summer holidays begin on the 19th of July 2018. I have only done a short term one due to the fact that I find I thrive when I plan closer to the time of doing something as I am more clear and concentrated over short time periods. This plan completes all of the tasks up to just before production, as we are expected to start filming sometime after the summer holidays. My plan consists of the planning stage of the coursework. Seen below is my action plan, and what I have done so far, and  what I am yet to do.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Hello, I'm Fraser and welcome to my blog. I have set up this blog to log my progress and notable development points of the set media studies coursework that I have been tasked with. We have been asked to create an audio visual television program sequence that lasts from 2 minutes and 30 seconds to 3 minutes long. Along with this I have been asked to create a front cover and double page spread feature article to publicise your television programme in a new lifestyle magazine. I will be logging my progress to the completion of this task in the following months.

Crime drama arcticle GQ

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/the-interceptor-bbc-the-interceptor-cast This article is a story on a crime drama, the interceptor. The article appeared on GQ magazine. I can take much of the content of this article to help draft my own main article for my magazine double spread feature of my production. I analysed the article thoroughly taking notes on all the different media language elements that the writer used to make the article interesting and for it to seem recognisable to repeat readers (by basing the article around an actor interview).

Aims and intentions first draft (unfinished)

After intensely researching the crime drama genre including its codes and conventions and its generic editing schemes, I feel a lot more competent in creating a crime drama of my own. Very generic conventions that I have implemented into my production include corruption, a senior cop with personal troubles and a Rookie cop. As well as this I have used a lot of narrative theory to help shape my characters in the production. The main being Propp’s character functions theory. Each of the characters in my production serve one or more of the named functions, for example Thomas Skinner takes on the role of the ‘False hero’ as well as the ‘helper’. I have also deeply analysed camera work through textual analysis of similar productions to mine such as David Fincher’s ‘Seven’ (1995) and the popular BBC crime drama ‘Happy Valley’.   In Seven, during the scenes with the two detectives and the criminal Jon Doh, lots of close ups of faces are used to create and aesthetic and gripping tension ...